Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why do things happen in 3's?

I got a text this morning from one of Alayah's cousins on her dad's side. I have never talked to this girl before, but I did meet her once at Alayah's great grandpa's funeral before I was pregnant with her. She text me to tell me she needed to get in touch with Alayah's dad because something happened to his brother and he wasn't expected to live. Alayah's dad is really weird about his extended family. Sometimes he says they are his family and other times he says they are not. It depends on his mood. I called him to let him know his family was trying to reach him.
His cousin told me that his brother had been tased several times and had was dying as a result. I will say that this particular brother has always had trouble with the law and with drugs. It didn't surprise me that he was tased, but she told me that the doctor said he was tased four times. That seemed a little extreme to me. He passed away today around 1:20pm. I am sad that Alayah never got to meet him. I am also irritated because we were just in Albuquerque last week and I was trying to arrange a meeting with him, but no one would give me any information on how to get in touch with him. I am sad that she missed out on the opportunity of getting to know him. I don't even know what he looks like.
I found a news article on the incident here. I don't know what to believe as this article tells a different story about his death. Either way he is gone and Alayah will never get to know him.

No comments:

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons