Thursday, June 3, 2010

Albuquerque Day 7


So today was a very busy day. First we me with Alayah's brother and sister at a local park. My friend and her daughter came along too as we were headed to a birthday party afterwards. It was soooo HOT! I am from Wyoming and it does not get that hot here lol.
The kids were much more comfortable with each other, but they don't really know how to play together yet. Cashmere the oldest had lots of questions and he doesn't really understand how they are siblings. Sometimes I kick myself when I think of how confusing we may have made their lives because of our bad choices as adults. I like to blame it on the dad, but I know it takes two to tango. Cashmere wanted to know what I was to him and I told him I was nothing but a friend. He wants to call me his Auntie, so I told him it was okay. I hope his mom doesn't mind lol
I love that Alayah has a sister even if they are far apart. I hope they will have a great bond despite the distance that separates them.

After the park we took the kids to McDonald's for ice cream and to cool off. The kids finally started playing with each other and they were climbing under and on tables and getting a little rowdy.  It was hard to tell them to settle down as they were having so much fun. After ice cream we headed out to eat for a birthday party. I didn't know the people, but I tagged along for yummy food. It was like a Las Vegas style Chinese buffet and it was so good. Alayah was actually pretty good which was a miracle since she gets really restless at restaurants.
Alayah decided she wanted me to take her picture in front of this statue as we were leaving the restaurant. I thought it was a pretty cute idea.

No comments:

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons