Sunday, June 6, 2010

I hate goodbye's

We had to head for home today. I hated having to say good-bye to my bestie. :( I was not looking forward to the 10 or 11 hour drive. Alayah did pretty well for being stuck in the car so long. We left around 9:30 and made it to Pueblo Colorado around 1. I decided that is where we would stop and go potty and eat lunch since it was really close to halfway home. Well five minutes before we got there Alayah fell asleep. I stopped at a gas station and got her out of the car and she wouldn't wake up. I decided I would just go to the bathroom then since she was sleeping. She stayed asleep all the way to the bathroom and even stayed asleep while I was using the bathroom lol. Talk about some skills. Try carrying a 30lb pound child with one arm and try to undo a belt and pants and get a seat cover on a toilet all while you really really really need to pee.
Luckily I didn't have any accidents lol. We got to Denver around 4:30 and we stopped and went to the Aquarium to run off some energy before the last 4 hours of the trip.

Why is it that you always get back of the head shots when you are at a zoo or aquarium?

Alayah enjoyed the fish and was really good while we were there. We stopped at an Gymboree outlet to get a skirt I had been eyeing for awhile and a lady complimented me on Alayah's hair. It meant a lot to me from a black lady. It made me feel like I was on the right track. I get compliments from white ladies, but it's just not the same sometimes unless they happen to have bi-racial or black kids themselves. Anyway, after the Aquarium we ate at a really yummy buffet and then we headed home. We ended up pulling in the driveway around 11  ughh... what a long day.



No comments:

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons