Monday, May 3, 2010

For Pete's Sake


Oh, the tantrums...I wonder if everyone thinks their own kids have the worst tantrums lol. Alayah is on a new one lately. I don't know if it is from the lack of sleep since she has been sick or if this is just a new phase. She has a tantrum about literally everything. If you don't put her bowl on the table just the way she wants it, if you don't blow on her food long enough for her, if you ask her to use the potty, if she can't find the one specific toy she is looking for, and on and on...She lets out a blood curdiling scream and throws herself backwards and then side to side while kicking and thrashing about. If you ignore her she screams louder and if you try to talk to her she screams louder. I really just want to spank her sometimes lol but I know that is not going to be the most productive thing to do, so I choose to ignore and go in another room. I don't know what her deal is, but I don't know how much of this I can handle :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our girls must be close to the same age. We are having the same problem and it is annoying! We have been putting our girl in her room to scream it out. We have a baby gate in front of her door so she can't get out and it is helping some. Time out was not working anymore but even threatening to send her to her room is starting to work. Good luck! I hope you find something that will work for you.

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons