Tuesday, October 12, 2010

At peace

Alayah's dad has pretty much disappeared. He left the state and his phone is disconnected. His other daughters birthday was the other day and he didn't call to wish her happy birthday. At first I was really upset by the fact her didn't call his daughter because it showed that he doesn't care. Now I've decided that maybe that is the best. He probably won't call for Alayah's birthday and even if he does there is no guarantee that he will call every year on her birthday.
She will never have consistency with him. She will never be able to fully count on him because he cannot put anyone but himself first. A part of me feels hopeful that he will just stay invisible. A distant memory. If he isn't around at all maybe it will be for the best.
I don't know if that is what is best, but if that is what happens I am at peace with that. The last month I have stressed about him disappearing a lot. I didn't want him to do that to her. I wanted him to share in the joys of our child. I was not at peace.
All of a sudden today I just felt calm abnd peaceful about the whole situation. I don't know what the future holds, but I am grateful I am at peace for now. The things us parents go through for our kids.

2 comments:

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

I'm sorry that you are having such difficult times. Been there. And glad you are getting some peace today.

Sweet Patience said...

Hopefully the situation will get better in the future. Maybe he just needs time to get himself together. Sometimes it is best to have distance if the person really needs time. Its no need to have a child going through constant emotional changes on a roller coaster. Just continue to show her pics of her dad and go on from there. Hopefully, things will surface when they are supposed to. Peace and blessings to you and Alayah during this time.

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons