Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 2 in the hospital

Alayah didn't do so well during the night as far as drinking goes, so we are still here. She is supposed to be drinking several cups of juice a day and at this point she has only had maybe an ounce in the entire day and that is with me forcing her to drink. She is miserable and I am miserable. I think that she would do so much better at home because she is so scared of everything here, but they won't let us until she starts drinking.

She got a burst of energy this afternoon so we took a wagon ride around the unit. It was really hard trying to pull her in a wagon and push her i.v. pole at the same time. Not something that I want to get good at either. It was so sad walking past the rooms on her floor. I saw some with small babies all alone, some with chemo signs, and others with older children who looked very sick and were also alone. I know Alayah just had her tonsils out and will better in no time, but it really hits home how fragile life is and how many other families are going through far worse. I said silent prayers for all of them as we passed their rooms. Today was a long day and they said she has to stay another night. *sigh* Hopefully, tomorrow we can go home. I'm bummed Alayah will miss out on the fun of Easter, but she isn't alone as all the other kiddos on this floor are missing out too.

No comments:

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons