Thursday, January 20, 2011

1st day of Pre-School

Alayah had her first day of pre-school today. We were in no hurry to get up early and rush there by a certain time, so I packed her lunch this morning. She had tomatoes and ranch dip, mandarin organges, a  ham and cheese sandwich and some fruit snacks. She ate everything but the sandwich.

I braided her hair last night so all I had to do this morning was add the headband and comb out her fro and add moisturizer.

I promised her that I would stay with her at school until it was time for me to go to work so I ended up there for almost two hours. I had previously taken Alayah in to visit and she was supposed to be in room 1 which consisted of older 2's and younger 3year olds. I wasn't very pleased with the class. One because the kids seemed further behind then Alayah and I was hoping for her to be in a room with older kids so she could learn from them and grow...not regress into some bad behaviors I saw some of the kids in this room displaying. The other reason I wasn't happy was because the entire 1.5 hours we were there the two teachers never said a word to her. I spent the next week really nervous about taking her there and was totally ready to raise a fire if they didn't speak to her again today.

Luckily, right when we got there they told me they had an opening in a different room and if I wanted I could move her over there. I jumped on it lol. The new room consists of 3-4 year olds. Instead of learning colors and shapes they are learning letters and numbers. Even though Alayah doesn't know all her colors and shapes I am sure she will catch on soon. This new class is just what I wanted. We walked in and both teachers immediately came over and introduced themselves and said something positive about Alayah. One said her hair was beautiful and like a work of art.

I ended up leaving earlier than I had planned because Alayah was doing so well. She didn't cry when I left and when my Mom went to pick her up they said she had an awesome first day and that her favorite thing to play with was the dinosaurs. She had some trouble with transitions throughout the day, but that is something I have been working on with Alayah already. She does not like to stop doing something she is enjoying until she is ready. She seems excited about going back tomorrow and I am excited that she enjoyed it so much. After my mom picked her up this evening she ate a chicken nugget happy meal and then ate a piece of cheese pizza and two breadsticks. I guess school makes lil miss very hungry

1 comment:

Alisa said...

She looked so cute as always!

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons