Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tumbling Week 10




Alayah was really whiney when I picked her up today, so I should have known she wasn't going to behave very well. Her dad went to tumbling with her a couple weeks in a row, so now when we go she thinks he is going to be there. I haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks. I don't know where he lives and his phone is turned off, so I have no way of getting in touch with him. Anyway, she cried for him the moment we pulled in the parking lot. I tried to tell her I didn't know where he was, but she didn't care. "My daddy, my daddy" was all she said the whole time we were there. It was even worse inside because all the other kids dads showed up. It was embarassing too because they all kept looking at me with the pity look in their eyes. I couldn't console her nothing I said made anything better for her. She would have a few moments where she would stop crying and participate, but then she would go right back to crying.
I was so mad. I was mad that my baby was crying over a man wh0 is a really crappy parent. I was mad that I couldn't make it better and I was mad that he can't make an effort to be her dad consistently. At this point I think it is harder on her for him to pop in and maybe it would be better if he just stayed away all together. *sigh* I don't know what to do. It is just so frustrating sometimes. I know if I tell him she cries for him then that will just boost his ego and he will think he is the "bomb". That is not the feeling I want him to have.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

*Hugs* You are doing the best that you can do! I'm impressed with her tumbling skillz. Good job Mommy!

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons