Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


Today is your first presidential inauguration. Although you don't understand the meaning of today, I will tell you about it and do my best to help you understand the importance of it all. It's not just that, we as a nation elected a new president, it is that we as a nation have elected "change". Change in the form of a step towards ending racism, change in the fact that despite the color of your skin you can reach for your dreams, and change in many ways I can't begin to describe. Speechless is what mommy describes today as I watched Barack Obama take an oath on the same bible as so many other presidents. A bible that has yet to be touched by a skin color darker than mine. I am so glad this day has come. The future is bright baby girl...so very bright.

No comments:

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons