Friday, September 17, 2010

Sad

So I found out today that Alayah's father moved across the country. He left without saying anything. I am so sad for Alayah. I can not believe he just left her without saying goodbye. How could he do that? Doesn't she mean something to him? Wasn't she worth saying goodbye to and giving one last hug or kiss to?
I'm heartbroken for Alayah. Why did he have to do this to her?
She won't be affected by his decison right now. She doesn't see him enough to care much, but in 10 years she may be deeply affected by his choice. I wish that I could have stopped this from happening. I wish that I could make sure that she won't be hurt now or in the future by him, but I can't and I hate that. God has a plan for us and I know that He will give me the words the scriptures and the strength to help her through this when she has questions or his hurt by this turn of events.
He has the attitude of why should he of said goodbye in his eyes he only changed addresses. Umm changing addresses would mean you moved to a different part of town not several states away. He acts like it is no big deal. I just can't understand his line of thinking. He has two other children that he left when we got together. In three years he has seen them twice and both times it was only because someone else funded his trip. He also has family in that town. I don't see him making a special trip to see her unless someone else funds it which would mean he would need a girlfriend with money because he can't hold a job longer than a month. I have cried all day because I am so hurt that he did that to her. That my child doesn't mean anything to him. That she wasn't worth a five minute goodbye...nothing.
I am so thankful that my daughter has the opportunity to have a relationship with her siblings. I am grateful that my daughter has my family who loves her dearly and will always be there for her. I am grateful that God knew that I would be able to get her through this as I experienced the same thing as a child. I am grateful for a God who will always love us and who will never leave us. Alayah is also lucky to have a mommy that will never leave or abandon her no matter what.

2 comments:

Shay said...

of course now i can't help but keep a check on your blog. look at it this way... he's in no position to be a responsible adult in her life right now. maybe it's for the better. my husband lost both of his parents when he was 12 and he tells me all the time that God will take anybody out of your life if they're hindering you from the plan he made for you. doesn't matter if it's your parents or not. it's totally not fair to her to have an ungrateful dad but all you can do is pray that he gets his act together. just rejoice in the Lord that he took that stumbling block out of your life right now. You never know, him going across the country from everybody he knows just might be his wakeup call. stay positive no matter what and things will be alright!

Gracie's Mom said...

I'm sorry that you're hurting but I agree with Shay. Sometimes God will remove people from your life and it's for the good. Alayah has a strong momma that will teach her good morals and values. A father that doesn't want to be one as I said before doesn't deserve her. She'll be fine and so will you.

 

web page counters
Travelocity Coupons